4.11.2014

the writer's block: tips on travel + packing


hi friends! I've been feeling a bit under the weather this week, but thankfully I have some great material from my sponsors to share with you today.

this month I thought I would take advantage of having these three travelers on my sidebar and ask them to share some travel advice for you. these ladies have been all over the globe - from the US and Europe all the way down to New Zealand - so they have plenty of experience to share. you've already read about my twelve travel essentials [and the things I splurge on when packing] along with a few packing lists. read on to see what these ladies have to say on those subjects and more, and don't forget to head over and check out their blogs when you're done!


the basics: I'm from New York but followed my English boyfriend to a a few different places before settling in England. My blog is a lifestyle and travel blog, where I document my adventures and travels. I also share products I like from time to time, and a lot of cat pictures (I can't help it, they are cute). Since moving to England I've made it my mission to visit every country house, castle, and park that I can cram in, and my blog is where I share them with you, so I hope you'll stop by!

what items do you consider to be your travel essentials? My camera, comfy pair of shoes and a sense of adventure.

any advice on how to save money while traveling? I tend to eat small meals and snacks for breakfast and lunch, and might splurge on dinner. If a place I like the look of has cheaper lunch options though, I'll make that my main meal of the day so I can still go to that place but save a bit of money on dinner prices. Also, look for vouchers for touristy things, or see if there are all inclusive travel cards for the sights you want to see. If you want to see a few things some cities give major discounts for these city sight cards.

what was your favorite trip you've taken, and why? I don't know if I can choose a favourite! Even though we lived in New Zealand for a year, so I don't count that as a trip, we spent a month traveling around the North Island (we lived on the South Island) and seeing what it had to offer, which was a lot. It was my favourite trip because we did so many different things, from digging our own thermal pool in the sand on the beach, to black-water rafting with glowworms shining above our heads. Every day was incredible for an entire month.

learn more about Dannielle on her blog: Chic-a-dee-dee

check out a few of her favorite posts:

or follow along with:


the basics: I am a US military memberliving and working in Germany. I have been bitten by the travel bug and find myself on long weekend adventures quite often. I am a solo traveler and love to share my experiences on Megan Joy Jaunts in the hopes that I can inspire others to get out and travel on their own.

do you have any tips on packing to share? I always lay out all the outfits I'll think I need and then see if I can them down by half by choosing one base color and a few coordinating pieces to change things up from day to day. If I can pack for a week-long trip in the winter in one carry-on sized suitcase, anyone can!

any advice on how to save money while traveling? I look for discount public transportation passes and free days at museums. I also will choose my destination based on where the cheapest airline ticket will take me. If I've got my heart set on a place, I'll set up an alert to notify me of when the tickets will be cheaper and wait until the ticket prices are more reasonable.

what was your favorite trip you've taken, and why? I traveled solo for the first time last fall and had the best time ever! That was the trip where I realized I am capable of doing just about anything I put my mind to.

learn more about Megan on her blog: Megan Joy Jaunts


check out a few of her favorite posts:

or follow along with:


the basics: Hello, I'm Christina of Route Bliss. While I've been blogging for over a decade now, Route Bliss itself has only been around since the Summer of 2013. RB (as I've dubbed it) is where I share my love of travel and photography as well as what I'm learning on my journey to healthier living (adapted recipes as well as running and fitness tips and grumblings!).

what items do you consider to be your travel essentials? I have several items that I've blogged about before here + here, but the main ones I absolutely can't be without are my pillow, a hoodie, and my camera.

what item is NOT essential, but you can't help splurging on bringing anyway?  Usually a book or two or my Kindle. I usually just pack the essentials due to space but having something to read late at night or when I get tired of staring at miles of nothingness.

what was your favorite trip you've taken, and why? Vienna, Austria -- it was my first time to fly, travel alone, and to meet one of my penpals. I went just before Christmas and got to tour Christmas markets, castles, and cathedrals.

learn more about Christina on her blog: Route Bliss

check out a few of her favorite posts:

or follow along with:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...